Today there are 1.3 Million interested or “Going” to “Storm Area 51, They Can’t Stop All of Us”, created by a Facebook group that calls themselves “Shitposting cause im in shambles”.
And just two (2) days ago (7/11/2019) the Nation UFO Recording Center (NUFORC) tweeted 260k going and over 300,000 interested.
It’s safe to say this thing has gone viral.
Area 51 is the most secretive base in the continental US (that we know about), sits in the largest government-controlled land parsel in the US, encompasses 4,687 square miles, big enough to be a state on it’s own. Pres. Harry Truman ordered 105 nuclear weapons tests (yes, nuclear bomb drops) above ground, and 828 underground over 50 years. The last nuke test ever performed there was Sept 23, 1992. It holds the largest amount of weapons-grade plutonium and uranium in the US.
The original purpose of the base was to explode and test nuclear weapons without the public catching wind. The Manhattan Project was the most expensive government project ever, employed something on the order of 180,000+, and it’s important to point out: The first time the public was made aware of the existence of the nuclear bomb was when they were dropped on Japan, August 6 and August 9, 1945. So if you can imagine the importance of secrecy with this project.
The base grew, as we find out later, to build secret aircraft – the U2 and A12 Oxcart spy planes for example during ongoing wars. Of course the entire base is meant to be kept secret so we don’t know what could be there. FOIA requests will get you so far before everything on the page is redacted.
There’s a lot more to this tale that I couldn’t possibly cover in a post, but that would required a book and from which most of the information herin was gathered:
Annie Jackobsen’s Area 51. (No affiliation or sponsorship) is the definitive book on this subject. It’s filled with primary sources, interviews, and deep analysis that no other book even comes close to. If you want to learn more, read this:
UFO Issue’s Take
Black, secretive operations take place on this facility. You will be immediately arrested, and possibly injured and even killed. Make no mistake, the United States is the most powerful force in the world. They have no interest in making this issue a debate.
As wikipedia points out (I think correctly, or partially), these are the conspiracy theories surrounding the base:
- The storage, examination, and reverse engineering of crashed alien spacecraft (including material supposedly recovered at Roswell), the study of their occupants (living and dead; see grey alien), and the manufacture of aircraft based on alien technology.
- Meetings or joint undertakings with extraterrestrials.
- The development of exotic energy weapons for the Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI) or other weapons programs.
- The development of means of weather control.
- The development of time travel and teleportation technology.
- The development of unusual and exotic propulsion systems related to the Aurora Program.
- Activities related to a supposed shadowy one world government or the Majestic 12 organization.